Acceptable forms of ID are a valid Passport, Canada Permanent Resident (PR) card, a Refugee Protection Claimant Document (RPCD), or a Secure Certificate of Indian Status card (SCIS).
- The best option is to upload a copy of your passport, PR card or other acceptable ID document in the online registration form.
- If you are unable to upload it, you may email it to us at email@example.com
- You may also stop by in person and we can make a copy for you.
- On test day you must have the original (copies are not accepted), of the exact same passport or Permanent Resident card you used to register.
- The ID document you bring on test day must be valid. If you have sent your passport to Immigration, please make sure you get it back it before test day.
- If you have received a new ID document since registering, please contact us with the details (number, expiry date) before test day.
Ways to Pay:
- Pay online at kaplancanada.ca/pay
- Call us at: 604.688.7350 with your Visa or MasterCard
- Visit us in person. Payment in person can only be made at the Vancouver location. Our other locations do not accept payment in person.
If you pay your test fee by credit card you will see a charge from “Pacific Language Institute” on your statement.
We cannot advise you, only offer information. Please check with the institution (college, university, Immigration, etc.) you will be sending your results to, or your immigration consultant.
You will receive confirmation by email after all of these are received:
- Application form
- ID (passport or PR card)
- Test fee
- More than 14 days (excluding the test day) before the test: If you cancel or postpone your IELTS test registration more than 14 days before the test (Test day is not counted) you will receive a 75% refund of the total test fee.
- Within 14 days but more than three days (excluding the test day) before the test: If you cancel or postpone your IELTS test registration within 14 days but more than three days before the test (Test day is not counted) you will receive a 50% refund of the total test fee.
- Before five days (excluding the test day) of the test: If you cancel or postpone your IELTS test registration five days before the test (Test day is not counted) you will not receive any refund unless you have a medical reason. If you provide a medical certificate within 5 days after the test date, you will receive a refund minus the cancellation/transfer fee.
No, you must register and pay at the same centre. You cannot register at one and pay at another, or vice versa. You also cannot transfer your registration from one to centre to another.
In your IELTS Account you will be able to see details of your test location, date and time, speaking test time, your details, your results, payment status, preparation materials and contact info as well as the cancellation policy.
This is available in your IELTS Account.
Your Reference Number is emailed to you as soon as you submit your online application form in a message called IELTS Application Summary.
You will need your Reference Number to pay online and log into the Candidate Area.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-688-7350.
Depending on the nature of the accommodation, special arrangements may take a minimum of six weeks to be approved.
You must contact us before your test and we will make the change for you, depending on the availability of the other test or module. These changes cannot be made within four days of the test date.
We advise you to come by transit if possible. We are a 2-minute walk from the Burrard SkyTrain Station and 5 minutes from the Canada Line Vancouver City Centre Station. If you must come by car, parking info can be found here and here or on Parkopedia.
Do not park on the street, at a parking meter, as you will not be allowed to leave the test centre, nor use your phone to add money, and the test is longer than most meters allow.
You can park on Auburn Street or in the parking lot next to the building.
We advise you to come by transit if possible. We are a 5-minute walk from Union Station. If you must come by car, pay parking is available in our building’s underground.
You may park in the lot in front of the building for free.
Your test schedule is available in your IELTS Account.
Please do not be late. Anyone who arrives after doors close will not be admitted.
All you need to bring is your passport or PR card (the ID you registered with). No other forms of ID are accepted, and photocopies or expired IDs are not permitted.
Only your ID and a clear bottle of water will be allowed into the test room. Any other belongings you bring will be locked in our cloakroom during the test.
We will provide pens, pencils, and erasers.
IELTS ON PAPER
Typical IELTS On Paper Test Day Schedule:
8:30 am – 9:15 am | Check in
9:30 am – 12:30 pm | Listening, Reading, and Writing tests
12:30 pm | Lunch break
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm | Speaking tests
IELTS ON COMPUTER
Your test schedule is available in your IELTS Account
IELTS On Computer tests may run more than once a day. Check your schedule carefully.
*IELTS On Computer Example Schedule
|Sitting||Check In||Listening, Reading, and Writing||Speaking Tests|
|Sitting 1||8:15 am – 8:45 am||9:00 am – 12:00 pm||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|Sitting 2||30 min before speaking test||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm||9:30 am -12:30 pm|
*This is for informational purposes only. Your schedule may be different. You must check your schedule in your IELTS account.
Yes, headphones are provided and used at all of our locations – Vancouver, Abbotsford, Surrey, and Toronto.
Your speaking test schedule is available in your IELTS Account.
You cannot change the time of your speaking test after it has been scheduled. However, you may request an early or late speaking test when you register. We cannot guarantee a specific time but will try to accommodate your request. Please note that speaking test times may change on test day.
Yes. The speaking module takes place on the same day as the listening, reading and writing modules.
You can take IELTS on paper or on computer. Whichever method you choose, your speaking test will be in person with an IELTS Examiner. Please note, you cannot take the test online.
- Yes. However, access to the washroom is denied under the following circumstances:
- The test instructions are being delivered
- The Listening test is underway (including the 10-minute pause at the end)
- The last 10 minutes of each section
- The paper counting of each section
No extra time is allowed for washroom breaks. We encourage the test takers to use the washrooms before the registration begins.
IELTS ON PAPER
Results are released 13 days after the test.
IELTS ON COMPUTER
Results are released 3-5 days after the test.
Your candidate number is not needed to check results. If you need it for any other reason, please contact us.
It is too early. Scores are available 3-5 days (IELTS on computer) or 13 days (IELTS on paper) after your test date.
If your address has changed or is incorrect, contact us by email with your new address before your results are released. Unless otherwise instructed, we will send your test results to the address you used when you registered, so it important to use the correct address.
Results not sent by courier (which you can track online) are sent via regular postal mail to the address you entered on the online application form. Postal delivery cannot be tracked and can take 1-2 weeks or more depending on location. If your address is correct, then all you can do is wait for them to arrive. If your address is incorrect, please contact us for advice. It is very important that you provide the correct postal address, or you may experience a long wait (and have to pay additional fees) for your results.
You will receive one copy of your results for yourself.
There is no limit on how many copies you may send to recognizing organizations, but you will need to request this and there will be a fee charged if done after your results have been released.
Our centre number is CA148.
No. EOR results only go up or stay the same.