Here is important information about your IELTS test day. Please read it very carefully and follow the instructions and advice to ensure your day goes as smoothly as possible.
If you have questions, please email or call us before the day. We will be unable to answer calls or emails on test day.
- Test Day Identification
- Registration (8:45 - 9:15 AM)
- Listening, Reading and Writing Tests (9:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Speaking Tests (1:00-5:00 PM)
- Stationery and Belongings
- IELTS Test Tips and Advice
- You must bring your valid Passport or Canada Permanent Resident Card (whichever you used on the application form).
- No photocopies or other form of identification will be accepted.
- Expired ID will not be accepted.
- Candidates without proper ID will not be allowed to test and will forfeit the test fee.
- If your ID document changes for any reason before test day you must provide a copy of the new one to us by 4pm the day before the test.
- Please arrive at 8:30 AM. This is when the centre opens.
- Registration ends at 9:15 AM. Candidates who arrive after 9:15 AM will not be admitted.
- Use the washroom if necessary. Please do this before registration.
- Give cloakroom staff all bags, electronic devices (including cell phones, wallets, purses/bags and wristwatches) and other valuable items.
- Present your valid, original passport or Canada Permanent Resident Card
- Proceed to the camera and finger scan station. (If you have a head scarf or veil, you may be asked to remove this item in a separate room.)
- Enter the test room when instructed.
- Listening, Reading and Writing tests will be held from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM with no breaks in between.
- Speaking tests are held on Saturday afternoon.
- You chose your speaking test time at during registration. Refer to your confirmation email or check your test details in your IELTS account.
- Return to the test centre 30 minutes before the scheduled time of your speaking test.
- Pens, pencils, sharpeners, and erasers will be provided. Please do not bring these items as they will not be allowed in the test room.
- Cell phones, watches, and other electronic devices and belongings are not permitted in the test room and must be stored in our cloakroom.
- Our cloakroom is secure and you must either use it or leave valuable items at home.
- If you wish to drink during the test please bring your own. Only drinks such as water or juice (with no aroma), in a clear (see-through) container will be allowed in the test room.
- Please avoid using strong colognes or perfumes.
Read our handy guide for test tips, preparation materials and other important details about your IELTS test.
For more information visit: ielts.ca