COVID-19 Information (updated June 1)
This page will be updated daily, Mon-Fri, if anything has changed.
IELTS testing will restart in June.
- All paper-based IELTS tests in June are cancelled.
- We will offer computer-delivered only, in Vancouver only, for the month of June, at least.
- Anyone registered for a paper test in June has been emailed and offered transfer to a computer-delivered test or a refund
- Online booking & payment will reopen to everyone on June 1.
Office Visits not Permitted
- Our office staff have returned but we are not accepting visitors.
- Payments, registrations and other requests must be done online, via email or telephone.
- Only registered test takers will be allowed in on their test day only.
- If you need help email firstname.lastname@example.org or call and we will assist you.
For more info, please see below:
- For June (or maybe longer), we will offer computer-delivered tests only, at our downtown Vancouver location only.
- We will open more dates & locations as soon as the COVID-19 situation allows.
- Refunds & transfers are not automatic. If you want a refund/transfer you must reply to our email and request it.
- If you are registered for a test that has been cancelled we have emailed you with instructions and options.
- We have texted anyone who has not replied to the email.
- Refunds will be returned to the card used to pay.
- Refunds normally appear in your account within 7 days from when we send your refund receipt.
- These are not normal times. If your refund takes more than 10 days contact your bank. Our part of the refund has been completed if you have your refund receipt.
- We have processed all refund requests all for cancelled May/June tests received by 4 pm June 1.
- All Test Report Forms for March were sent by regular mail to the address you entered on the registration form, unless you requested and paid for express mail. Anyone who paid for express mail was sent a tracking number.
- If you need the TRF number for General Training results to give to the government email us and we can send this to you by email.
- Canada Post (and the mail system in many other countries) is currently experiencing delays to/from some countries: https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/our-company/news-and-media/service-alerts.page
- If you are expecting something from us, or sending something to us by regular mail, expect delays.
- If you need something from us we suggest you request courier service such as UPS or DHL. Please see our fees page for details.
IELTS, local health authorities, and Kaplan have introduced measures that will be in place when testing resumes:
- About 50% fewer test takers in the test rooms to allow for social distancing of 2 meters
- Frequent cleaning of headphones, keyboards, mice, workstations, chairs, and other items/surfaces
- Masks required for test takers and test day staff. Examiners may also be wearing masks.
- All test takers will be required to sign a health declaration confirming you are 100% healthy (no fever, headache, sneezing, coughing, or shortness of breath) on test day, and have not knowingly been exposed to COVID-19, travelled internationally in the 14 days before the test, or ordered to self-isolate.
- No visitors to our centre except registered test takers on test day
- Online or telephone payment only (no payments in person)
- No in-person pick up of test results (Test Report Forms) allowed until further notice. You will receive your TRF by regular mail unless you choose to pay for express delivery.